Monday, March 5, 2012

The wonders of the forrest

Oh the joy of the pre-k diorama projects. (Or as my 4year old calls it his diarrhea, which has to have lots of trees according to him. So first we hand made tree forms for tall trees. Let me tell you, gluing toothpicks to dowels is not as easy as it sounds. I found some sky looking paper at the store and was really excited because I didn't have to paint a sky..... yay!!!  I learned that elmers glue not the best for these type of projects, a highly tacky craft glue works well enough, but spray adhesive is the best. . After gluing the green brush fluff (weird stuff) on the four tall trees we made I figured out that there was no way this was going to make a lot of trees. So off to the craft store I went where I found tree forms (why couldn't I have seen those to begin with gar) and making the rest of the trees went a lot faster. Then I realized the animals I had gotten were going to make the trees look like bushes, but oh well he loved them. So we glued the moss down as a forest floor, placed and glued the trees and animals. The next dilemma was how to make the pond. Our first idea was to add some food coloring to some glue and let it dry in a circle, which didn't work out so well.  After some brainstorming we took the side of a tissue box, covered it with plastic wrap and inserted it.  All in all it came out well. He was happy with the way it came out and after all teats what matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment